Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
franbarb

Default hiding cells

I wrote a very simple program showing my fuel oil consumption. It seems
to work ok. my problem is hiding cells that have not in use yet. Is it
possible to post my file? I know someone out there will laugh and do it
very simply.
thanks for any help.

Each day I enter the date, the amount used and It shows how much is
remaing in the 'tank' and how much i used each day. my problem, the
sheet shows negative number where I haven't entered any data yet..
franbarb

--
franbarb
franbarb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35807

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Try error-trapping along these lines ..

Instead of say, in D2, copied down: =B2*5-C2
Make it in D2 as: =IF(OR(B2="",C2=""),"",B2*5-C2)
Copy down

D2 (col D) will then remain/appear "blank" until values are input into both
precedents B2 and C2 (cols B and C)
--
Max
Singapore
"franbarb" wrote:

I wrote a very simple program showing my fuel oil consumption. It seems
to work ok. my problem is hiding cells that have not in use yet. Is it
possible to post my file? I know someone out there will laugh and do it
very simply.
thanks for any help.

Each day I enter the date, the amount used and It shows how much is
remaing in the 'tank' and how much i used each day. my problem, the
sheet shows negative number where I haven't entered any data yet..
franbarb

--
franbarb
franbarb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35807
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=555813

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
franbarb

I am not sure how to do that max. I hope this is clear
franbarb

KEROSENE ENE CONSUMPTION PER/DAY |
WINTER OF NTER 06-07

DATE HOW MANY INCHES KEROSENE Rt Tank GALLONS USED
2005-06 DAYS REMAINING REMAINING Amount Used EACH DAY

38896 =A9-A8 42 270
38898 =A10-A9 42 =(C9-C10)*7 =(E10/B10)
=A11-A10 =D10-(7*(C10-C11)) =(C10-C11)*7 =(E11/B11)
=A12-A11 =D11-(7*(C11-C12)) =(C11-C12)*7 =(E12/B12)
=A13-A12 =D12-(7*(C12-C13)) =(C12-C13)*7 =(E13/B13)

--
franbarb
franbarb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35807
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=555813

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

"franbarb" wrote:
I am not sure how to do that max ...

I've implemented the suggestions into sheet: KERO9495
in your sample file.

Here's the link:
http://cjoint.com/?gCcRIEGVtN
kerosene06_07_rt.XLS
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
franbarb

yes, that is just what I wanted.. this had me stumped for quite a
while, even my daughter couldn't figure it out and she uses excel..
This is the only program I use. Many thanks again..
franbarb

--
franbarb
franbarb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35807