Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Trying to sort by row and getting errors.

I'm trying to do a simple sort by rows instead of columns and every
time I try to do it I get this message:

This operation requires merged cells to be identically sized.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

First of all, select all cells then FormatCellsAlignment.

Click the "merge cells" option a couple of times to clear it.

Now try your sort.

Merged cells cause many problems and are very rarely necessary.

Use Center Across Selection instead.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 11 Jun 2006 16:57:42 -0700, wrote:

I'm trying to do a simple sort by rows instead of columns and every
time I try to do it I get this message:

This operation requires merged cells to be identically sized.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks Gord, that worked