Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Niraj Manglam

Default Inserting windows login name to a new column?

Hello All,

I am working a workbook where i want to auto capture windows login name and
time stamp in a new coulmn everytime anyone updates or make any chages in the
the workbook. Ho wcan i do it ? i want something similar to trach changes in
word.

Thanking You all

Regards

Niraj
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

Window login name
MsgBox "UserName" & vbTab & Environ$("username")
related information in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/userid.htm

There are only 255 columns are you shore that is viable thing to do?
What is the purpose? You realize everything someone opens Excel file, it
gets updated in some manner.

There is update tracking option in Excel (it stinks, no matter what your point of view)
Highlight, Change Highlighting
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/highlite.htm
also see the related area t bottom of page.

--
---
HTH,

"Niraj Manglam" <Niraj wrote in message
Hello All,

I am working a workbook where i want to auto capture windows login name and
time stamp in a new coulmn everytime anyone updates or make any chages in the
the workbook. Ho wcan i do it ? i want something similar to trach changes in
word.

Thanking You all

Regards

Niraj

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

Hi Niraj,
I missed the last sentence, if you are trying to make Excel look
like word processor then I think you are using the wrong tool.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Niraj Manglam

Not At all,

I am not trying to use excel for word processing. My objective is only to
track, who updated specific Data last with date and time stamp on ?

Please help

Thanking You

Regards

Niraj

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Hi Niraj,
I missed the last sentence, if you are trying to make Excel look
like word processor then I think you are using the wrong tool.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

Hi Niraj,
See the first reply, without details of what you want, where you
want it, what format you want, it is hard to guess. Besides what
I'd already mentioned see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#change
and a little more specific to looking at the related area in previous
reply see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...te.htm#related

If you are not familiar with macros see
---