Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SITCFanTN

Default Delete rows that don't meet specific criterion

I have a huge report that lists information for many days. I want to delete
all rows that don't meet the criteria of todays date in column B. I also
want to only keep rows that have todays date with F800 in column D. I plan
on putting this code in a macro. Thanks so much....happy summer!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SITCFanTN

Thanks Ron, this look pretty complex....I'll add it to my macro and let you
know how it goes. One more question...my date, do I have to specificy a
format for it or will the code read any format for todays date. Thanks so
much, if this works it will be a huge time saver for my folks. I appreciate
all your time and effort.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi

Test this one

Sub Example1()
Dim Firstrow As Long
Dim Lastrow As Long
Dim Lrow As Long
Dim CalcMode As Long
Dim ViewMode As Long

With Application
CalcMode = .Calculation
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With

ViewMode = ActiveWindow.View
ActiveWindow.View = xlNormalView

Firstrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells(1).Row
Lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count + Firstrow - 1

With ActiveSheet
.DisplayPageBreaks = False
For Lrow = Lastrow To Firstrow Step -1

If .Cells(Lrow, "B").Value = Date And _
.Cells(Lrow, "D").Value = "F800" Then .Rows(Lrow).Delete

Next
End With

ActiveWindow.View = ViewMode
With Application
.ScreenUpdating = True
.Calculation = CalcMode
End With

Regards Ron De Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"SITCFanTN" wrote in message ...
I have a huge report that lists information for many days. I want to delete
all rows that don't meet the criteria of todays date in column B. I also
want to only keep rows that have todays date with F800 in column D. I plan
on putting this code in a macro. Thanks so much....happy summer!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin

See my other reply in this thread for a correct example

--
Regards Ron De Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"SITCFanTN" wrote in message ...
I have a huge report that lists information for many days. I want to delete
all rows that don't meet the criteria of todays date in column B. I also
want to only keep rows that have todays date with F800 in column D. I plan
on putting this code in a macro. Thanks so much....happy summer!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin

Oops do not read it good
Send you a new macro soon

--
Regards Ron De Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"SITCFanTN" wrote in message ...
I have a huge report that lists information for many days. I want to delete
all rows that don't meet the criteria of todays date in column B. I also
want to only keep rows that have todays date with F800 in column D. I plan
on putting this code in a macro. Thanks so much....happy summer!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin

Try this

Sub Example2()
Dim Firstrow As Long
Dim Lastrow As Long
Dim Lrow As Long
Dim CalcMode As Long
Dim ViewMode As Long

With Application
CalcMode = .Calculation
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With

ViewMode = ActiveWindow.View
ActiveWindow.View = xlNormalView

Firstrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells(1).Row
Lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count + Firstrow - 1

With ActiveSheet
.DisplayPageBreaks = False
For Lrow = Lastrow To Firstrow Step -1

If .Cells(Lrow, "B").Value = Date And _