Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Paula_p

Default help with vlookup formula

Hi,
I have two worksheets, an invoice, and an inventory. What i need is to be
able to deduct quantity sold (from the invoice) from the quantity in stock
(in the inventory). I tried using a vlookup formula to get the product code
from the invoice and subtract the quantity sold from an amount bought and
recorded in the invetory list. The formula is as follows:
=H6-(VLOOKUP(B6,Invoice!$A$16:$B$32,1,TRUE)). However, this only reduces the
amount by 3, whether or not the amount sold is 3. Does anyone know what i'm
doing wrong? Please, any help is appreciated.

Column H - has the anount of goods bought and is available for sale.
Column B - has the unique probuct code.

In the invoice sheet,
Column A - has the quantity sold
Column B - has the code