Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
pathan

Default printing

hope u all are ok. i have been facing a problem with my printer that when i
print a line so it print but still i need the my printer to stop the page
inside after printing the first line of my data and to be reading for further
printing
any suggestions.in printer property setting etc.
thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JLatham

If I understand correctly, you wish to print one (or just a few) rows to your
printer and not eject the page? Presumably so you can add more to it later
for layout or some other purposes?

I'm going to say it cannot be done with basic printer properties unless your
printer itself has some setting to keep from ejecting the page.

BUT - have you considered previewing the printout while in Excel itself?
This will show you what is going to go onto a page and how it will be laid
out and appear on the printer without actually using any paper or ink:

With your Excel file open and with the sheet, or sheets to be examined
selected, choose File and then choose Print Preview from the menubar. I
hope this helps some with the problem.

"pathan" wrote:

hope u all are ok. i have been facing a problem with my printer that when i
print a line so it print but still i need the my printer to stop the page
inside after printing the first line of my data and to be reading for further
printing
any suggestions.in printer property setting etc.
thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JLatham

Anything else I can think of right now would be clumsy - such as defining the
page height to be only 1 inch or some trick like that. If you could code a
macro, you might be able to set up some code to send a single line to the
printer while inhibiting the form feed.

Hopefully someone had this need and found a way to do it will come along and
provide you with a better solution.

"pathan" wrote:

can't work anything else