Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
clooney

Default space left for future entry = #DIV/0!

I'm making a sheet to calculate my grades, but since its the beginning
of the semmester, the spaces aren't filled in yet. How do i ignore a
cells until they have a value?

--
clooney
clooney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34711

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

Specifically, it depends on the formula......
instead of
=AVERAGE(A1:A10)
you could use
=SUM(A1:A10)/COUNT(A1:A10)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"clooney" wrote:

I'm making a sheet to calculate my grades, but since its the beginning
of the semmester, the spaces aren't filled in yet. How do i ignore a
cells until they have a value?

--
clooney
clooney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34711
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=544790

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
clooney

I tried the count function, but doesnt that just count the number of
cells that have entries rather than an actual sum..?

email me if you want and Ill send you the file so you can take a look
yourself.

thanks.

--
clooney