Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default need to edit excel spreadshhet

I have a column in spreadsheet excel, I have 30,000 items and I want to
drop the last line which is "Shipping charges wil apply to orders under
$100.00" this line is in every cell as the last line of the description
column. Is there a formula that will work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

Hi Pete,
A formula can return a value, it cannot delete or hide a row,
for that you would need a macro (or conceivably a filter).

I suspect that you are trying to remove this text, or the
entire row from all sheets in a workbook, but that is not clear.
Can you more clearly identify what you want to do, and we'll
be in a better position to help you to write a macro.

Before you write a macro, you generally have to have a clear ideal of
how to do something manually.
---
HTH,

wrote in message oups.com...
I have a column in spreadsheet excel, I have 30,000 items and I want to
drop the last line which is "Shipping charges wil apply to orders under
$100.00" this line is in every cell as the last line of the description
column. Is there a formula that will work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pete_UK

If I understand you correctly, you want to get rid of the column which
contains this text 30,000 times - if so, just highlight the column by
clicking on the column identifier letter(s) and Edit | Delete.

Is this what you mean?

Pete