Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LSP Marg

Default Excel addition of column

Please help, I have a very long list of figures for which I need a total.
They have been listed without 'thousand separator'. Now I cannot format the
cells to have the 'thousand separator' and neither Autosum or Formula for
addition will not work.
--
Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

It sounds like probably your "numbers" are actually TEXT formatted. There
are several methods to make the conversion back to numbers, sometimes one
works where the others won't.....dunno why. Try typing a 1 in an unused
cell, then clicking on it and oing COPY, then clicking on your column of data
and doing PasteSpecial Multiply..........

There are other ways if that one don't work.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3