Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
lele

Default print envelopes from excel data

I have an excel database of addresses and I want to print off envelopes with
the addresses I have listed in this document. I have read about linking excel
with mail merge, but is there a faster method? More often I want to be able
to print off envelopes 2 or 3 at a time, so to use mail merge seems
time-consuming. Is there a way through formulas to somehow transfer for
example one row of data into word and it generate into an address format. Or
even better is there an envelope printing function in excel, as in word?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
PY & Associates

If each row of your database occupies columns A to K;
design your envelope using =M1, N1 etc;
set your print area to the envelope;
now copy any of the address row (A to K) to M1;
you have an envelope.

"lele" wrote in message
I have an excel database of addresses and I want to print off envelopes

with
the addresses I have listed in this document. I have read about linking

excel
with mail merge, but is there a faster method? More often I want to be

able
to print off envelopes 2 or 3 at a time, so to use mail merge seems
time-consuming. Is there a way through formulas to somehow transfer for
example one row of data into word and it generate into an address format.

Or
even better is there an envelope printing function in excel, as in word?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

Hi lele,
I take if from your post that you have no problem with Mail Merge with
Excel as the database -- just with the run around in setting it up.
Sorry, that is the choice that Microsoft gives you for printing envelopes,
labels, and customizing letters with Excal as the database.

Having worked through this on your own you might not be aware that
if you use a filtered list that you can send only those that are showing
to the MS Word Mail Merge application.

Mail Merge, Printing Labels using Mail Merge with data from Excel

Auto Filter on my Summarizing Data Examples (an Overview)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...htm#autofilter

--
HTH,

"lele" wrote ...