-   -   Subtotal Grades (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/85253-subtotal-grades.html)

Triptanes

Subtotal Grades

I have a list of names with grades blah blah, and have calculated their
number grade. ALso, I used Vlookup and a lookup table to calculate
their letter grade.

NOW:
Use the subtotal feature to determine the number of As, Bs, Cs, Ds and
Fs.

:confused:

Data---Subtotals I click some stuff in that menu, but none of it
displays the number of As, Bs, Cs, Ds and Fs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Triptanes
Triptanes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33849

Michael M

Subtotal Grades

Hi
Have a look at pivot tables and use "count" of grades

Regards
Michael

"Triptanes" wrote:

I have a list of names with grades blah blah, and have calculated their
number grade. ALso, I used Vlookup and a lookup table to calculate
their letter grade.

NOW:
Use the subtotal feature to determine the number of As, Bs, Cs, Ds and
Fs.

:confused:

Data---Subtotals I click some stuff in that menu, but none of it
displays the number of As, Bs, Cs, Ds and Fs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Triptanes
Triptanes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33849
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536260

Biff

Subtotal Grades

Hi!

Data---Subtotals

That's for numeric data.

List your letter grades somewhere, assume D1:D5 = A;B;C;D;F

The students letter grades are in column A.

Enter this formula in E1 and copy down to E5:

=COUNTIF(A:A,D1)

Biff

"Triptanes" wrote
in message ...

I have a list of names with grades blah blah, and have calculated their
number grade. ALso, I used Vlookup and a lookup table to calculate
their letter grade.

NOW:
Use the subtotal feature to determine the number of As, Bs, Cs, Ds and
Fs.

:confused:

Data---Subtotals I click some stuff in that menu, but none of it
displays the number of As, Bs, Cs, Ds and Fs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Triptanes
Triptanes's Profile: