Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
PA

Default Series of numbers

I have a rather large workbook, with many lists of numbers on various
worksheets. These list span from 1 through 28. I need to change them all to
span 1 through 30. They are in many different locations within the workbook.
It is not practical to find them all, and change them by the "fill" process.
It will take far to long and I might miss one or two.
Is there a way to accomplish this.

Thanks
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

Please provide a little more info........are the 1-28 numbers down a column,
or across a row..........is there more than one group on each Sheet?.....is
there any consistancy between sheets? Is there any cell that is always
within an exact location from each range of numbers?, etc etc etc.......

tks
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"PA" wrote:

I have a rather large workbook, with many lists of numbers on various
worksheets. These list span from 1 through 28. I need to change them all to
span 1 through 30. They are in many different locations within the workbook.
It is not practical to find them all, and change them by the "fill" process.
It will take far to long and I might miss one or two.
Is there a way to accomplish this.

Thanks
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
PA

Thanks for your response and interest.
I have checked back witht he user:

The numbers are in coulumns, not necessarily in order although most will be
the number 28. There is definately more than one group on each sheet. The
starting location for each group will always be the same, but there are many
of them
Paul

"PA" wrote:

I have a rather large workbook, with many lists of numbers on various
worksheets. These list span from 1 through 28. I need to change them all to
span 1 through 30. They are in many different locations within the workbook.
It is not practical to find them all, and change them by the "fill" process.
It will take far to long and I might miss one or two.
Is there a way to accomplish this.

Thanks
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

Hi PA.....

This one should be solvable, but will take VBA skill beyond mine. I suggest
you get some more facts together, such as the list of ranges of all the
groups on the sheet with the most groups, and repost your problem to the
microsoft.public.excel.Programming group. Someone there should be able to
give you code to do some global searching and adding to the groups....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck CABGx3