Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gls858

Default help with subtotals

I have a spreadsheet with multiple customers who have multiple invoices.
Each invoices has several lines. I'm able to subtotal the invoices.
What I would like to do is show only the subtotal line but I would still
like to see the customer name. Is there any quick way to get the customer
name displayed on the subtotal line? Right now all the subtotal line
displays in the invoice number.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier

Hi

Try using a Pivot Table. You can then have a very quick analysis by
Cutomer, with totals for each Invoice.
For help on setting up and arranging Pivot Tables, take a look at Debra
Dalgleish's site, and scroll down to the Pivot section
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Regards

Roger Govier

gls858 wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with multiple customers who have multiple
invoices. Each invoices has several lines. I'm able to subtotal the
invoices. What I would like to do is show only the subtotal line but I
would
still like to see the customer name. Is there any quick way to get
the customer name displayed on the subtotal line? Right now all the
subtotal line displays in the invoice number.

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gls858

Roger Govier wrote:
Hi

Try using a Pivot Table. You can then have a very quick analysis by
Cutomer, with totals for each Invoice.
For help on setting up and arranging Pivot Tables, take a look at Debra
Dalgleish's site, and scroll down to the Pivot section
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Thanks Roger. That works. I was trying to keep it real simple.
The user I'm preparing the data for knows even less than me :-)

gls858