Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
cindana

Default point to one number on each sheet that will be in many formulas

I have many worksheets in one file. I have formulas on each sheet that point
to data on the first summary sheet. The only change is which line number to
get data from. I want to have one cell on each sheet with the corresponding
line number from the summary sheet, and have all the formulas on each sheet
combine or point or whatever it takes to do it - to that line number.
--
Cindy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bpeltzer

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A2,2,,,"Sheet1")) will return the value on Sheet1 in column
2 and the row specified by the value in cell A2. If you want to keep blanks
from turning into 0's, you could embed that inside a test for isblank:
=IF(ISBLANK(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A2,2,,,"Sheet1"))),"" ,INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A8,2,,,"Sheet1")))
Either way, change the cell reference to pick up different rows, and the
column number to pick up different columns.
HTH. --Bruce