-   -   How do I count nonblank cells in rows within Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/71563-how-do-i-count-nonblank-cells-rows-within-excel.html)

JoJo

How do I count nonblank cells in rows within Excel?

I want to create a spreadsheet in Excel, inwhich entries are ticks or blanks.
I then want to count the number of ticks in each row. How do I do this? The
help function only describes counting columns, and I haven't found that these
instructions work with rows.

Ron Coderre

How do I count nonblank cells in rows within Excel?

See if either the COUNTA or COUNTIF function gets you where you want to be.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro