Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
mike

Default How to Delete Rows

I have 'exported' my Yahoo address book. There does not appear to be a
way to just export a portion of the address book. It gave me a CSV file
which I am looking at with Excel 2003.
Each row represents the data for each person in my address book. One of
the columns, G, contains the name(s) of each address list that each
person is in within the book. As a result column G may have anything
from 1 to about 6 entries each seperated by a comma.

One of the address lists I have in the book is called 'trips' . I want
to be able delete any of those rows that do not contain the word
'trips' in column G.

Thanks for any and all help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin

Hi Mike

There are many ways to do this
Manual you can use a custom AutoFilter on the column
"Does not contain" trips

And then delete the visible rows

Or with code see
http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm