Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ballastrae

Default need an answer to flag if it cant fall or exceed 2 values in exce

I work in quality and I am trying to wite a certificate that will indicate if
a product does not meet specifications. The problem that I have is the
product has a min and a max value. Example: min 45 max 78. I would like the
reuslts section to flag in either bold, itlaic or a color. The result that I
key in equals the 45 and 78, is good between this range-so I am trying to set
it up for this example if my test product value is below 45 and/0r above 78
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Anne Troy

Try conditional formatting:
Format--conditional formatting
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"ballastrae" wrote in message
I work in quality and I am trying to wite a certificate that will indicate
if
a product does not meet specifications. The problem that I have is the
product has a min and a max value. Example: min 45 max 78. I would like
the
reuslts section to flag in either bold, itlaic or a color. The result that
key in equals the 45 and 78, is good between this range-so I am trying to
set
it up for this example if my test product value is below 45 and/0r above
78

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
paul

=IF(AND(A1=48,A1<=78),"certified","not certified"),format the destination
cell as required
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"ballastrae" wrote:

I work in quality and I am trying to wite a certificate that will indicate if
a product does not meet specifications. The problem that I have is the
product has a min and a max value. Example: min 45 max 78. I would like the
reuslts section to flag in either bold, itlaic or a color. The result that I
key in equals the 45 and 78, is good between this range-so I am trying to set
it up for this example if my test product value is below 45 and/0r above 78

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ballastrae

Paul Thanks and here is an example of what I have:
Description Measure Min. Max. Result Result Result
Wax Percentage 48.0 78.0 48.72 78.0 100.0

The min and max are locked and the "Result" section is what has to be keyed
in when the data is found. So, this is exactly like it would look like on a
certificate of conformance. Also, I may have many different samples which I
would have to key the results for.

So my excel sheet may look like B9 and D9 for the max and Min and the
results could be F9, G9, H9, I9, etc.

I was able to understand the first part of the formula, but I am still a
little lost when it comes to completing. I think that I would like to see the
ones that doe not meet the spec to bold, italic, bold&italic or the cell to
be colored. Trying to figure out which one would look the best when the
"Result Data is keyed.

Thanks for any other help.
Vernon

"paul" wrote:

=IF(AND(A1=48,A1<=78),"certified","not certified"),format the destination
cell as required
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!