Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ESSO

Default IF Formula

I need to set up an IF formula for a series on account numbers- the first 4
digits of the # are the same, the last 2 change but all are included in the
answer. I have several series of numbers to include:
example:
1234-01 through 1234-99
and
2007-01 through 2007-99
and
3010-01 through 3010-99
Any help you could give me would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ewan7279

Hi ESSO,

If your data is in column A, enter the formula in B1 and drag down:

=IF(OR(LEFT(A1,4)="1234",LEFT(A1,4)="2007",LEFT(A1 ,4)="3010"),"your message
here","your opposite message here")

This will display your message if the data in column A starts with 1234,
2007 or 3010.

Ewan.