Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
MikeR-Oz

Default times and sorting/category on all < 30 mins

I have a range of times from 11 minutes to 180 mins. I would like to be able
to know how many of these times are less than 30 minutes and also that
reflected as a % of the total.
How do I do This?
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

With your range of values in column A,
This will tell you how many are less than 30......

=COUNTIF(A:A,"<30")

This will tell you that percentage of the total......

=COUNTIF(A:A,"<30")/COUNT(A:A) format as Percent

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"MikeR-Oz" wrote:

I have a range of times from 11 minutes to 180 mins. I would like to be able
to know how many of these times are less than 30 minutes and also that
reflected as a % of the total.
How do I do This?
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
MikeR-Oz

Appreciate that CLR- simple and effective. Is there also a way of
Highlighting those numbers / cells that are over the 30 minutes and whats the
formulas for == to and < than the 30 mins to be captured?

Mike

"MikeR-Oz" wrote:

I have a range of times from 11 minutes to 180 mins. I would like to be able
to know how many of these times are less than 30 minutes and also that
reflected as a % of the total.
How do I do This?
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

To highlight those cells over 30,.....highlight the cells, and do Format
ConditionalFormatting CellValueIs GreaterThan 30 Format choose the
format preferred ok ok............

To alter your formulas so they will accomodate both "less than" and "equal
to" 30.........

=COUNTIF(A:A,"<=30")

=COUNTIF(A:A,"<=30")/COUNT(A:A)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"MikeR-Oz" wrote:

I have a range of times from 11 minutes to 180 mins. I would like to be able
to know how many of these times are less than 30 minutes and also that
reflected as a % of the total.
How do I do This?
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dav

If you mean the formula for less than and equal to replace < with <= in
the formula

For formating the cells select the cells goto format conditional
formating, select cell value is, select condition, 30 and then click on
the format button to choose whatever format appeals to you!

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107