Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
msals22

Default VB Next?

I have reached the maximum threshold of 8 IF statements in 1 cell but
have more I need to enter. I think I should now use some VB code to
enter the entire list of conditions I have. I am really inexperienced
when it comes to VB so can someone get me started on the syntax? Thank
you.

--
msals22
msals22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30908

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Anne Troy

Likely, you can create a table of IF in one column, THEN in the second
column, and use a vlookup:
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"msals22" wrote in
message ...

I have reached the maximum threshold of 8 IF statements in 1 cell but
have more I need to enter. I think I should now use some VB code to
enter the entire list of conditions I have. I am really inexperienced
when it comes to VB so can someone get me started on the syntax? Thank
you.

--
msals22
msals22's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506953

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SteveG

If you outline what it is you are trying to do, maybe there is an
alternate solution to VB. There are ways to shorten the number of
nested if statements.

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
msals22

Anne Troy Wrote:
Likely, you can create a table of IF in one column, THEN in the second
column, and use a vlookup:
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"msals22" wrote
in
message ...

I have reached the maximum threshold of 8 IF statements in 1 cell

but
have more I need to enter. I think I should now use some VB code to
enter the entire list of conditions I have. I am really

inexperienced
when it comes to VB so can someone get me started on the syntax?

Thank
you.

--
msals22

msals22's Profile:
View this thread:

Anne-
After a little trial and error I got it...thanks!

--
msals22
msals22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30908
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506953