Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
shaught

Default Maintaining Formula after adding a new row

I have a formula that adds data in a column. =SUM(A5:A10). The problem
is that every time I copy a new row and insert it at row 5, my formula
changes to =SUM(*A6*:A10). I just want it to stay the same. I've
tried using an absolute value $A$5, but it still changes when a new row
is added. I've tried using a named reference as well as locking, but my
merged cells caused some problems with the lock.

--
shaught
shaught's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30802

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers