Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
tippers

Default Scenario Function

Hi there everyone!

I have a problem which I'm sure must be fairly straightforward to
solve, but I've spent hours on this and it's getting me down.

I have a spreadsheet called Sales Forecasting and it's used to predict
sales volumes and profits over a 6 year period. I want to use the
Scenario function to predict the changes if I changed the value in my
inflation amount cell. This is easy if I want all years to be affected
(the cells for each year use a formula that links to the same cell that
the inflation amount is in), but I want the years 1 & 2 to be unaffected
by the scenario. I only want years 3-6 to change. I've tried protecting
the cells in years 1&2, but the Scenario still alters them even though
they can't be modified manually.

Please help me. Many thanks.

Martin

--
tippers
tippers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30801

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 03:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM
Find a Function to use accross different worksheets R. Hale Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 25th 04 07:07 AM