Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
hgopp99

Default Retreive data from another worksheet based on multiple columns

I am trying to retreive a date from one worksheet and place it on another.
Most often, I can match on company name, but there are times when the company
name is not unique and I have to use first/last name. The following is an
example of data on the worksheet I am trying to retreive from:

Acutech 12/01/05 N Ms. Linda Dendy
Adams Simpson LLP 12/01/05 N Mr. Jesse Evans
Adams Simpson LLP 01/01/06 N Ms. Deborah Hembree

I am using the following: =INDEX(Misc!$A:$C,MATCH(C38,Misc!$A:$A,0),2).
This will work and find the match, pick the date (from the second column),
but in the case where the company is Adams Simpson LLP, it will always choose
the 12/01/05 date. I need to find both. So I would need to match on the
first and last name if there is more than one entry of the company.

Can this be done (simply)? Thank you.

--
hgopp99