Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
9119

Default Saving to "open" directory

I need to create a "save file" command in my macro which allows the file
to save to the current directory to prevent "run errors" if the end user
has a different directory tree.

E.g. I may be using a default c:\ directory, but the spreadsheet user
may be on say h:\ directory on a network. The save command needs to be
able to save to the open directory.

Any advice appreciated!

--
9119
9119's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30593

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
nickysquawkes

You could try in VBA:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs CurDir & "filename"

Not sure if this is what your after

--
nickysquawkes
nickysquawkes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30630

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
9119

Thanks Nicky... that works fine for my purposes. :)