Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rao Ratan Singh

Default Display Automatic sentence after filter.

Sir,
I have have a worksheet which have columns in this manner €“

A B C D
Concession Form Received

6 "List of C / D Form Received."
7 Form Form No. Date Amount
8 C Form
9 D Form
10 C Form
11 C Form
12 D Form

I want to do that The sentence €śList of C Form Received€ť or List of D Form
Received" List of Due D form€ť, List of Due C Form", automatically display in
A6. only in that case when in b column in front of Form; Form No is Filled,
otherwise it should be returned blank after filtering with specific C or D
Form selection.

I hope you one of MVP will solve my problem.

Thanks & Regards

Rao Ratan Singh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Perhaps something along these lines ..

Sample construct at:
http://www.savefile.com/files/5870594
Display AutoComposed Sentence_Rao_newusers.xls

Put in E8: =IF(NOT(ISNUMBER(B8)),"",TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A8,"Form" ,"")))
Copy E8 down to E12

Then put in A6:
=IF(COUNTA(B8:B12)=0,"","List of "&SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(E8&" "&E9&" "&E10&"
"&E11&" "&E12)," ","/")&" Form Received.")

--
Max
Singapore
"Rao Ratan Singh" wrote in message
Sir,
I have have a worksheet which have columns in this manner -

A B C D
Concession Form Received

6 "List of C / D Form Received."
7 Form Form No. Date Amount
8 C Form
9 D Form
10 C Form
11 C Form
12 D Form

I want to do that The sentence "List of C Form Received" or List of D Form
Received" List of Due D form", List of Due C Form", automatically display

in
A6. only in that case when in b column in front of Form; Form No is

Filled,
otherwise it should be returned blank after filtering with specific C or D
Form selection.

I hope you one of MVP will solve my problem.

Thanks & Regards

Rao Ratan Singh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

In the sample construct, A7:B7 contains:

Form Form#
C Form 11
D Form
E Form 13
F Form
G Form 15

[Forms: C Form, D Form, etc are listed in A8:A12. B8:B12 would be where the
inputs for the form numbers are made (I've assumed that only numeric inputs
for the Form# are to be recognised)]

For the sample numeric inputs in B8, B10 and B12,
A6 will return the text: List of C/E/G Form Received.

If the sample input in B8 is cleared (corresponding to "C Form"),
A6 will then return only: List of E/G Form Received.

And so on.

If the entire input range B8:B12 is cleared, A6 will appear blank.