Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SPAINVENTORY

Default Can I use Excel to make Inventory without using Acces?

Hi I need to make an Inventory System for Spa products, medical supply,
office supply, ect...I want to trak all products and be sure nobody steal !
Can I use Excel 2003 without using Acces....or I need to use both programs ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gls858

SPAINVENTORY wrote:
Hi I need to make an Inventory System for Spa products, medical supply,
office supply, ect...I want to trak all products and be sure nobody steal !
Can I use Excel 2003 without using Acces....or I need to use both programs ?

How are you going to track what people use? Request form?
Are the storage areas secure? Who will be dispensing the product?
How will you know if someone stole something or your inventory
sheet is just wrong? If you have employees stealing from you or
employees you can't trust you have problems that neither Access or
Excel can solve.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gilles Desjardins

Yes you can use Excel to track stuff. 65536 rows and 256 columns.
How many products do you have?

HTH

Gilles
"SPAINVENTORY" wrote in message
Hi I need to make an Inventory System for Spa products, medical supply,
office supply, ect...I want to trak all products and be sure nobody steal
!
Can I use Excel 2003 without using Acces....or I need to use both programs
?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LeAnne

Yes, you can. You can also use Access without using Excel. Or use both
together. Access is a relational database. Excel is a ledger that can be
kept "flat" and/or used as a database. Both are useful and powerful
tools. Beyond that, you really need to provide more info if you want
suggestions on which app is best for your particular needs.

LeAnne