Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LM813

Default Time Sheets (Yes, I've already done a search on previous posts)

I am trying to set up a kind of unique time sheet - I want it to have 3
in/out times, and a total number of HOURS worked per day. This is what
I want it to look like:

B C
Time In: 8:00 AM
Time Out: 12:00 PM
Time In: 12:30 PM
Time Out: 4:00 PM
Time In: 5:30 PM
Time Out: 7:00 PM

Total hours: _____

Could someone help me with a formula, please?

--
LM813
LM813's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30385

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
damorrison

total hours =(C2-C1)+(C4-C3)+(C6-C5)
OF COURSE you may have to adjust the format for time

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ERR229

Hi,

Try this...

=ABS(((A1-A2)*24)+((A3-A4)*24)+((A5-A6)*24))

Hope it helps!
--
ERR229

"LM813" wrote:

I am trying to set up a kind of unique time sheet - I want it to have 3
in/out times, and a total number of HOURS worked per day. This is what
I want it to look like:

B C
Time In: 8:00 AM
Time Out: 12:00 PM
Time In: 12:30 PM
Time Out: 4:00 PM
Time In: 5:30 PM
Time Out: 7:00 PM

Total hours: _____

Could someone help me with a formula, please?

--
LM813
LM813's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30385
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=500492

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ERR229

Of course make sure to use C not A in the cell references. Sorry!
--
ERR229

"ERR229" wrote:

Hi,

Try this...

=ABS(((A1-A2)*24)+((A3-A4)*24)+((A5-A6)*24))

Hope it helps!
--
ERR229

"LM813" wrote:

I am trying to set up a kind of unique time sheet - I want it to have 3
in/out times, and a total number of HOURS worked per day. This is what
I want it to look like:

B C
Time In: 8:00 AM
Time Out: 12:00 PM
Time In: 12:30 PM
Time Out: 4:00 PM
Time In: 5:30 PM
Time Out: 7:00 PM

Total hours: _____

Could someone help me with a formula, please?

--
LM813
LM813's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30385
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=500492

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LM813

ERR229 Wrote:
Hi,

Try this...

=ABS(((A1-A2)*24)+((A3-A4)*24)+((A5-A6)*24))

Hope it helps!
--
ERR229

Yes, that does help! Thank you very much!! :)