Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
jolly79_ph

Default How to assign #N/A N.A. data?

Hi, I need help, i just wanted a formula to assign "#N/A N.A." into
"----", which is blank. thanks in advance. :)

--
jolly79_ph
jolly79_ph's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4835

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Can you post your formula ? You'd probably receive better, more specific

Anyway, one usual way to error-trap #N/A errors
is to use something like:

=IF(ISNA(<formula),"---",<formula)

--
Rgds
Max

Hi, I need help, i just wanted a formula to assign "#N/A N.A." into
"----", which is blank. thanks in advance. :)

--
jolly79_ph
jolly79_ph's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499652

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
paul

i dont quite understand what "#N/A N.A." is but if you mean that you dont
want the error value #N/A to show but to have a blank intead then
=if(isna(your formula which may result in a #N/A error),"",your formula which
may result in a#N/A error))

--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"jolly79_ph" wrote:

Hi, I need help, i just wanted a formula to assign "#N/A N.A." into
"----", which is blank. thanks in advance. :)

--
jolly79_ph
jolly79_ph's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4835
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499652

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

=IF(ISNA(<formula),"---",<formula)

Just to clarify that the above construct will return: "---"
if <formula evaluates to an #N/A

If you want blanks: "" to be returned instead,
just replace "---" with "" in the construct
--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
jolly79_ph

Its a computer generated linked in futures contract table price: low,
high, close, previous, i encounter this #N/A N.A., in low and high, but
it's normal there is no figure on low & high column price sometimes, but
instead of #N/A N.A., i wanted to replace with "----", to make
appropriate to look, which means, the low and high price data is not
available. I hope this is clear for you.

--
jolly79_ph
jolly79_ph's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4835
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499652

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Assuming source data in A1 down

Try in say, B1:
=IF(A1="","",IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("#N/A N.A.",A1)),"----",A1))
Copy down
--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
--
"jolly79_ph" wrote
in message ...

Its a computer generated linked in futures contract table price: low,
high, close, previous, i encounter this #N/A N.A., in low and high, but
it's normal there is no figure on low & high column price sometimes, but
instead of #N/A N.A., i wanted to replace with "----", to make
appropriate to look, which means, the low and high price data is not
available. I hope this is clear for you.

--
jolly79_ph
jolly79_ph's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499652

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
jolly79_ph

It really works!, its amazing, it's a been a big problem with me of
this redundant job, and have to change this #N/A N.A. one by one. Its
worthy of praise to Max xl 97, your are a guru in excel. Im glad i've
signed up in this worthy forum for the new excel users.

thanks a lot :):) clap!clap!
jolly79_ph

--
jolly79_ph
jolly79_ph's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4835
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499652

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Welcome back, and glad to hear it worked for you !
Thanks for the feedback ..
--
Max
Singapore