Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
jon104

Default how do i copy a formula when cell references r not together

in cell reference H5 i have a formula H4*H3, I have copied this formula
through to DG5. In cell reference H7 I have a formula H6*H3 which i have also
copied through to DG7.I have formulas right down to cell reference H299
(H298*H3) Is there a quick way to repeat the copy bearing in mind the cell
references are not together ie H5, H7, H9 and so on.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernie Deitrick

Jon,

Copy cells H6:H7, then select H6:H299 and pastespecial formulas. Just make sure your formula is

=H6*$H$3

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP