Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bombayterror

Default Fixed Heading

I was wondering is anyone can tell me to how to have a fixed header
row.

By that I mean, I have a pretty long spreadsheet. I want the first row
(row 1) that has my headers in it to remain fixed when I go down the
page. The rest of the rows (row 2 onwards) need to scroll down when I
move my scroll bar.

thanks

--
bombayterror
bombayterror's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22855

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
keithl816

How about Freezing the row.

Click the number 2 on the left, Make sure the row is highlighted then
go to Windows/Freeze Pane

Hope this helps

Larry

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bombayterror

thanks larry.... that's exactly what I needed.

--
bombayterror
bombayterror's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22855
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498573

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
keithl816

your welcome, glad to be able to help

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498573

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JulieD

Hi

the "feature" is called "freeze panes" and is found on the window menu.

Click in cell B1 choose window / freeze panes from the menu.
(to clear just choose window / unfreeze panes)
note - this does not affect how the spreadsheet prints (to print a header
row use file / page setup / sheet tab - rows to repeat at top).

--
Cheers
JulieD

julied_ng at hctsReMoVeThIs dot net dot au

"bombayterror" wrote:

I was wondering is anyone can tell me to how to have a fixed header
row.

By that I mean, I have a pretty long spreadsheet. I want the first row
(row 1) that has my headers in it to remain fixed when I go down the
page. The rest of the rows (row 2 onwards) need to scroll down when I
move my scroll bar.

thanks

--
bombayterror
bombayterror's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22855
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498573

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Medicgord

I'm having a similar problem.

I have a large spreadsheet, with multiple rows and columns, and I want to
freeze columns A,B and C along the horizontal plane, but not the vertical.
Conversely I want to freeze rows 1,2 and 3 vertically, but not horizontally.

Is this possible?

Gord

"keithl816" wrote:

your welcome, glad to be able to help

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498573

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
keithl816

Try clicking on cell d4 then go to Windows/Freeze Panes Is this what you
are trying to do?

Larry

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498573

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Medicgord

I didn't realize that that function worked like that. Thanks, that's exactly
what I was trying to achieve.

Gord