-   -   in excel, formula to work only when all cells full of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/61812-excel-formula-work-only-when-all-cells-full-data.html)

DINO

in excel, formula to work only when all cells full of data

I have a formula that includes averaging the contents of about 7 or 8 cells.
I don't want the formula to average until data is in all referenced cells. It
wants to average as each cell value is entered. This is example of my
formula: =(B3+ B4+B5+B6+B7+B8+B9+B10)/8 I am new to excel and I'm sure this
is really simple. Thanks.

JE McGimpsey

in excel, formula to work only when all cells full of data

One way:

=IF(COUNT(B3:B10)=8,AVERAGE(B3:B10),"")

In article ,
"DINO" wrote:

I have a formula that includes averaging the contents of about 7 or 8 cells.
I don't want the formula to average until data is in all referenced cells. It
wants to average as each cell value is entered. This is example of my
formula: =(B3+ B4+B5+B6+B7+B8+B9+B10)/8 I am new to excel and I'm sure this
is really simple. Thanks.

DINO

in excel, formula to work only when all cells full of data

thanks, that works. I appreciate the quick response.