Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JeriSys

Default What is the formula for rounding a dollar amount to the nearest ni

What is the formula for rounding a dollar amount to the nearest nickel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JeriSys

Didn't make sense... I meant cents rounding to nearest nickle,Example: 1.22 =
1.20 or 1.23 = 1.25. ;-)

What is the formula for rounding a dollar amount to the nearest nickel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Coderre

Default What is the formula for rounding a dollar amount to the neares

Try this:
For a value in A1
B1: =ROUND(A1/0.05,0)*0.05

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

What is the formula for rounding a dollar amount to the nearest nickel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JeriSys

Ya know what? Between reading some posts, and installing something called an
Analysis Toolpak, it worked out! Should have delved in a little deeper
before asking. Thank you, though!!

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:
For a value in A1
B1: =ROUND(A1/0.05,0)*0.05

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

What is the formula for rounding a dollar amount to the nearest nickel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Chip Pearson

The Analysis Tool Pak (ATP) in an add-in that provides dozens of
addition functions. If you have the ATP loaded (go to the Tools
menu, choose Add-Ins, and put a check next to Analysis Tool Pak),
you can use the MROUND function to round to the nearest nickel.

=MROUND(A1,0.05)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"JeriSys" wrote in message
Ya know what? Between reading some posts, and installing
something called an
Analysis Toolpak, it worked out! Should have delved in a
little deeper
before asking. Thank you, though!!

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:
For a value in A1
B1: =ROUND(A1/0.05,0)*0.05

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"JeriSys" wrote:

What is the formula for rounding a dollar amount to the
nearest nickel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JeriSys

That's exactly what I did... as you descibed below. Works great!!

"JeriSys" wrote in message
Ya know what? Between reading some posts, and installing
something called an
Analysis Toolpak, it worked out! Should have delved in a
little deeper
before asking. Thank you, though!!

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this: