Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
GaryC

Default Excel Data Input Box

Hi Everyone,
This is my dilemma. I am looking for a way to create a data input box that
will put data into a spreadsheet one entry at a time and then drop down a
cell. I want to put the information into a spreadsheet in a uniform fashion.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Gary

Don't understand your need.

If you enter data in A1 then <ENTER you will drop down to next cell.

"Uniform fashion" means what?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:56:00 GMT, "GaryC" <u16704@uwe wrote:

Hi Everyone,
This is my dilemma. I am looking for a way to create a data input box that
will put data into a spreadsheet one entry at a time and then drop down a
cell. I want to put the information into a spreadsheet in a uniform fashion.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson

Try selecting your range then hitting Data|Form.

If you need more, you may want to look at John Walkenbach's enhanced dataform:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm
may be sufficient

And if you want to create your own, then Debra Dalgleish has a get started with
userforms:
http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
GaryC

I'm sorry to confuse you on this. I would like to have a box that I can input
data that will go to its respective column. The input box will give you 3 or
4 areas to input data and this data will be put into its repsective column.
Thanks
Gord Dibben wrote:
Gary

Don't understand your need.

If you enter data in A1 then <ENTER you will drop down to next cell.

"Uniform fashion" means what?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Hi Everyone,
This is my dilemma. I am looking for a way to create a data input box that
will put data into a spreadsheet one entry at a time and then drop down a
cell. I want to put the information into a spreadsheet in a uniform fashion.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
GaryC

Yes. That is it !!!
I really appreciate all of the help.