Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Oldjay

Default change date

I have a list with dates
8/18/05
I want to change them to 8/18/06
I tried using the find and replace
i.e. find ?/?/2005
replace ?/?/2006
it finds the cells but replaces with ?/?/2006
What do I put in the replace to leave the month and day alone?
oldjay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Coderre

Even though the dates display as 8/18/06...if you check the formula bar,
you'll see that that date is actually 8/18/2006. So, try this:

Select your date range
EditReplace
Find what: /2005
Replace with: /2006
Click [Replace All]

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Oldjay" wrote:

I have a list with dates
8/18/05
I want to change them to 8/18/06
I tried using the find and replace
i.e. find ?/?/2005
replace ?/?/2006
it finds the cells but replaces with ?/?/2006
What do I put in the replace to leave the month and day alone?
oldjay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernie Deitrick

oldjay,

If they are truly dates, then simply type 365 into blank cell, copy it, select the cells with the
dates, and select pastespecial, add, values, ok.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Oldjay" wrote in message ...
I have a list with dates
8/18/05
I want to change them to 8/18/06
I tried using the find and replace
i.e. find ?/?/2005
replace ?/?/2006
it finds the cells but replaces with ?/?/2006
What do I put in the replace to leave the month and day alone?
oldjay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

oldjay

Just replace the 2005 with 2006.

Excel is smart enough to make the change.

For experiment try this.

Format 8/18/05 as dddd and returns Thursday

Now change 05 with 06.

The dddd will change to Friday which is 8/18/06

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:06:12 -0500, "Oldjay" wrote:

I have a list with dates
8/18/05
I want to change them to 8/18/06
I tried using the find and replace
i.e. find ?/?/2005
replace ?/?/2006
it finds the cells but replaces with ?/?/2006
What do I put in the replace to leave the month and day alone?
oldjay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Laura \( '_' \)

Ctrl -H

Replace 05 with 06

Ok

:o)

--
@---}--
Laura..... :)

"Oldjay" wrote in message
: I have a list with dates
: 8/18/05
: I want to change them to 8/18/06
: I tried using the find and replace
: i.e. find ?/?/2005
: replace ?/?/2006
: it finds the cells but replaces with ?/?/2006
: What do I put in the replace to leave the month and day alone?
: oldjay
:
: