Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
mango7

Default formulas and new rows

how do i get excel to automatically add my formula to new rows in a
certain column. Excel 2002

--
mango7
mango7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29529

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
zarir kalian

Hi:
I just joined and did not know how to send a new message can someone show me.
I have a question on written a formula which someone sent me and want to
know how they made the formula
This is what they wrote:
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c= SIZ ,uu[l,a]daclyyay[pb50!b20][vc60][iLe12,26,9!Ll14]&pref=G

Please help
Regards
Zarir

"mango7" wrote:

how do i get excel to automatically add my formula to new rows in a
certain column. Excel 2002

--
mango7
mango7's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492306

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

You can try using
Tools, Options, Edit, Extent List Formats and Formulas

But you might want to take a look at my page
Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

particularly the main topic for insertion of a specified number of
rows and also look at
Change Event (#change_event)
which will fill in the formulas from the row above when entering a constant (text or number) into Column A provided the remainder of
the row is empty.

---
HTH,

"mango7" <mango7.....
how do i get excel to automatically add my formula to new rows in a
certain column. Excel 2002

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
zarir kalian

Thanks Don
It worked, made my day!!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Te first part is the url and the bracketed parts are variables to the
standard url.

Go here
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=ibm
click on update chart and you get
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=IBM,uu[m,a]daclyyay[pb50!b200][vc60][iUb14!La12,26,9]&pref=G
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"mango7" wrote:

how do i get excel to automatically add my formula to new rows in a
certain column. Excel 2002

--
mango7
mango7's Profile: