Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shawna

Default the end of long numbers turn to 0s how do i stop that?

5489 4861 3481 5448 8461 turns to
5489 4861 3481 5440 0000 how do i maintain those numbers?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JE McGimpsey

XL's stored precision is limited to 15 decimal digits. If you're not
doing math on them, pre-formatting the cell(s) as Text or prepending the
numbers with an apostrophe when you enter them will keep XL from parsing
them and dropping the last digits.

If you need to do math on them, you'd best use a different application.
Otherwise you'll have to enter them as Text and use string manipulation
to do the math piece-wise.

In article ,
Shawna wrote:

5489 4861 3481 5448 8461 turns to
5489 4861 3481 5440 0000 how do i maintain those numbers?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Shawna

Excel cares about only the first 15 significant digits.

Precede the 15 digits with an apostrophe to show as text.

Excel will not change 15 to zeros.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP