Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
StephanieH

Default Excel Instances

My coworker is having a hard time getting more than one workbook to open in a
single instance of Excel. It seems that no matter how we try to open the
second workbook, a new instance of Excel is opened.

"Ignore other applications" is not selected in Tools - Options.

For kicks I tried selecting that as an option and it made no difference.
Excel continued to open a new instance with every new file.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson

maybe...

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme

What makes you think there are two instances? Two Excel icon on the taskbar
does not necessarily mean you have two instances - see Tools|Options;open
View tab;check if 'Windows in Taskbar' is checked. This is a handy way of
going from one book to another,
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme