Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gazivaldo

Default How can I add a single letter to text already in a list of cells?

I have a column of over 2000 cells which I would like to alter by simply
adding a letter to the end of the text already in the cell i.e originally
"Coach 100" changing to "Coach 100A"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JE McGimpsey

One way:

Assume your list is in column A. In an unused column (say, B) enter

B1: =A1 & "A"

copy B1 down as far as required.

Select Column B. Copy it. Select Column A. Choose Edit/Paste Special,
selecting the Values radio button. Delete Column B.

In article ,
Gazivaldo wrote:

I have a column of over 2000 cells which I would like to alter by simply
adding a letter to the end of the text already in the cell i.e originally
"Coach 100" changing to "Coach 100A"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

sorry about the empty reply, didn't mean to respond