Derek Y via OfficeKB.com

Default Insert Code

I have some VBA code that I would like to insert into an excel worksheet

With ActiveCell.Columns
.EntireColumn.Copy
.EntireColumn.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

End With
Application.CutCopyMode = False

I thought all I would have to do is create a macro, use the macro editor and
paste in this code instead and run that macro, and this code would run
instead.....Thats not working.......how do i run this code??

Max

Try this ..

Press Alt+F11 to go to VBE
Click Insert Module
Paste the sub* below in the code window
*containing your code

Press Alt+Q to get back to Excel

Test it out on a column with some formulas in your test sheet:
Select any cell in the col, press Alt+F8,
select "FreezeColumn" Run
(The code will perform an "in-place"
copy paste special values on the col,
effectively killing all formulas in the col)

Sub FreezeColumn()
With ActiveCell.Columns
.EntireColumn.Copy
.EntireColumn.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, _
Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
End With
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Rgds
Max
xl 97
---
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
--
"Derek Y via OfficeKB.com" <u13919@uwe wrote in message
I have some VBA code that I would like to insert into an excel worksheet

With ActiveCell.Columns
.EntireColumn.Copy
.EntireColumn.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

End With
Application.CutCopyMode = False

I thought all I would have to do is create a macro, use the macro editor

and
paste in this code instead and run that macro, and this code would run
instead.....Thats not working.......how do i run this code??

Derek Y via OfficeKB.com

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH, i didn't have SUB and END SUB that was my problem........
thanks sooo very much!

Max wrote:
[...]

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]