fauler Frosch

Default formating cells as a square?

How can I format a cell as an exact square? If I choose the same number for
the hight and the width, I get a rectangle not a square. Yes, I can drag the
width and hight of a cell with the mouse, than I watch the numbers of pixel
in the quickinfo and after I copy the format to other cells. But, is there a
better way?
Max

Try the response by PaulB in this thread:
http://tinyurl.com/8ytqu
where he posts a sub MakeSquare for the purpose

And here's a link to a sample file
with the sub implemented to play with:
http://www.savefile.com/files/2349832
MakingCellSquares_Sub_PaulB.xls

Steps
--------
Select the range (or try selecting entire sheet)
Run the sub by pressing Alt+F8,
select "MakeSquare" in the Macro dialog, click Run
Answer the inputbox by entering say: 0.1,0.1
then click OK
When the sub completes, you'd get the result !

--
Rgds
Max
"fauler Frosch" wrote in message
How can I format a cell as an exact square? If I choose the same number

for
the hight and the width, I get a rectangle not a square. Yes, I can drag

the
width and hight of a cell with the mouse, than I watch the numbers of

pixel
in the quickinfo and after I copy the format to other cells. But, is there

better way?

Faz

It's confusing why they did it like this, but the height of the row
needs to be 4 times the size of the column width, in order to get a
square.

--
Faz
Faz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27830

fauler Frosch

"Max" wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much. That means, I have to use a macro! There is no easy
way? Beginners like me should take the mouse?!
fauler Frosch

"Faz" wrote:

It's confusing why they did it like this, but the height of the row
needs to be 4 times the size of the column width, in order to get a
square.

--
Faz
Faz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27830
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=476164

That does not work. If the square is for example:
40px, -my cell should be 5:30 to be a square
68px - 9:51
96px - 13:72

The factor changes.

Max

"fauler Frosch" wrote:
Thank you very much.
That means, I have to use a macro! There is no easy
way? Beginners like me should take the mouse?!

You're welcome. I don't know of an easy way (albeit running PaulB's sub
wasn't that tough, right? <g). But you could hang around awhile to see what
others might offer you.
--
Rgds
Max