Othello

Default Available Resources warning in Excel 2003

Hello:
I am not exactly a new user, but new to Excel 2003, and I am finding that
operations that did not create a problem for me in the past are now
apparently troublesome.

In a not very large worksheet (less than 2000 rows, 30 columns, data only
until I add formulas) I add a column and put in a vlookup to grab a related
cell value from another workbook. The target range is in a larger book,
maybe 50000 rows, 2 or 3 columns of formulas, but nothing very powerful.

In Excel 2002 I don't remember ever having a problem, even with Word and
Outlook open, and maybe 3 other workbooks open at the same time, and often
with 4 or 5 colums populated by lookups, but now even without any other
applications open and only the two involved workbooks, I get the "cannot
complete with available resources" notice whenever Autorecover tries to run
or I try to save, with the followup warning that external links were not
saved.

The file is saved fine, and the lookups still work, but the warning messages
are a drag.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Othello