landj68

Default How to convert date field to number value

Hi, I need to convert an Excel date field such as "9/26/1964" to the
value of "19640926". Is this possible?

Thanks

--
landj68
landj68's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28004

goober

Using a custom format for the cell you can rearrange the order. By
going into the Format menu then Cell menu. In the Number tab scroll to
custom and input "yyymmdd" without the quotes and the cell will display
the date in the order you wanted.

--
goober
goober's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19838

goober

sorry that was supose to be "yyyymmdd" good luck.

--
goober
goober's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19838
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475075

landj68

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. It worked great.