Geranium Jane

Default how do I convert Works DB files to Word

I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I was using
Microsoft Works. My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
my database to convert. My spreadsheets converted also.
Help
Gordon

Geranium Jane wrote:
I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I was using
Microsoft Works. My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
my database to convert. My spreadsheets converted also.
Help

In Works, use "Save as" in both cases
Geranium Jane

"Gordon" wrote:

Geranium Jane wrote:
I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I was using
Microsoft Works. My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
my database to convert. My spreadsheets converted also.
Help

In Works, use "Save as" in both cases

Hi Gordon - could you please be more specific. I have the files downloaded
into "My Documents" - when I open them (the DB ones) - the message I get is
"not valid". Please how I save them "save as" ... what?
Thanks - Jane

Gordon

Geranium Jane wrote:

"Gordon" wrote:

Geranium Jane wrote:

I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I was using
Microsoft Works. My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
my database to convert. My spreadsheets converted also.
Help

In Works, use "Save as" in both cases

Hi Gordon - could you please be more specific. I have the files downloaded
into "My Documents" - when I open them (the DB ones) - the message I get is
"not valid". Please how I save them "save as" ... what?
Thanks - Jane

I think you have to open the database files in Works and then save the
database in a different format. perhaps the function is Export? (I
haven't got Works so I'm not sure).

--
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

To email me replace the obvious!
Geranium Jane

Hi Gordon -
Well ... you see the problem is that WORKS is gone. I've already done the
"Quickrestore" on my computer. So the CD that I'm downloading my DB files
from has copied them in WORKS format and now I have Microsoft Office w/ Word.

Hmmm.... am I dead in the water?

"Gordon" wrote:

Geranium Jane wrote:

"Gordon" wrote:

Geranium Jane wrote:

I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I was using
Microsoft Works. My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
my database to convert. My spreadsheets converted also.
Help

In Works, use "Save as" in both cases

Hi Gordon - could you please be more specific. I have the files downloaded
into "My Documents" - when I open them (the DB ones) - the message I get is
"not valid". Please how I save them "save as" ... what?
Thanks - Jane

I think you have to open the database files in Works and then save the
database in a different format. perhaps the function is Export? (I
haven't got Works so I'm not sure).

--
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

To email me replace the obvious!

Gordon

"Gordon" wrote:

Geranium Jane wrote:

"Gordon" wrote:

Geranium Jane wrote:

I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition. I was using
Microsoft Works. My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
my database to convert. My spreadsheets converted also.
Help

In Works, use "Save as" in both cases

Hi Gordon - could you please be more specific. I have the files downloaded
into "My Documents" - when I open them (the DB ones) - the message I get is
"not valid". Please how I save them "save as" ... what?
Thanks - Jane

I think you have to open the database files in Works and then save the
database in a different format. perhaps the function is Export? (I
haven't got Works so I'm not sure).

Ah. Then I think you're stumped unless you can get access to Works.
there MAY be a converter available from a third party, have you tried
doing a Google search?