jdmagoo

Default A reducing number by given dates

Hi all, basically what im trying to create is a spreadsheet showing how
many payments i have left on an item i purchased. Now i pay $100 on
this item on every 2nd friday. So my question is, what is a formula
that will look at todays date and reconise that it is the second friday
when payment is due and reduce a given figure in a cell by $100. For
example, Total cost is $1000, payments = $100, payments are due on
07/10/05, 21/10/05, 04/11/05 etc So when the 07/10/05 arrives total
cost will = $900, when 21/10/05 arrives total cost will = 800 etc.
Obviously when the date is other than specified the total cost dosnt
change.

Hopefully i have made my self clear and somebody can help out with ths
dilema

Many thanks
James

--
jdmagoo
jdmagoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27814

Roger Govier

Hi

One way, with your purchase price in A1, enter in A2
=A1-INT((TODAY()-"23/09/2005")/14)*100

or if you just want to use a single cell, then
=1000-INT((TODAY()-"23/09/2005")/14)*100

Regards

Roger Govier