Stuart Grant

Default ToolTips or ScreenTips

I've written two macros for a workbook and created a toolbar with two new
buttons - one for each macro. Works fine. When the cursor passes over a
button it shows "Custom Button 1" or "Custom Button 2". I would like to
change the captions to something more meaningful. Is this possible ?

The Worksheet incidentally is a template for Sudoku. If anyone wants it
they are welcome. You can solve any Moderate one in about ten minutes but
you still have to do the intelligent part yourself.

Stuart

dominicb

Good afternoon Stuart

The anser to this depends on how you have set up the toolbar. If you
have done it by hand (which I suspect, as opposed to created on the fly
through VBA) then this is what you do.

Right click your toolbar and select Customize. With the customize
window open, right click on the icon you want to give the tip to, and
type something under Name.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

Stuart Grant

Dominic

Thank you very much. Simple - did it in a few minutes. Couldn't find it in
John Walkenbach's Bible but the forum turned up trumps as usual.

Stuart

dominicb

Hi Stuart

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

DominicB