wbinfo

Default how do I create a spread sheet to automatically calculate when I

On a new spread sheet I am entering numbers and I would like them to be
multiplied and changed automatically. The formula is x*3 then less 40%.

Can anyone help me.
JE McGimpsey

One way:

If you are entering your numbers in column A, say, then in column B
enter:

B1: =(A1*3)*(1-40%)

or, better,

B1: =A1*3*60%

copy B1 down as far as necessary.

In article ,
wbinfo wrote:

On a new spread sheet I am entering numbers and I would like them to be
multiplied and changed automatically. The formula is x*3 then less 40%.

Can anyone help me.

Gord Dibben

Do you want them changed in the same cell in which you type them?

You would then have no paper trail for checking errors in input.

John's suggestion about having a formula in a separate column is the safest
way to go.

If you want to change them as you enter paste this code into a sheet module.

'when entering data in a cell in Col A
On Error GoTo enditall
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Cells.Column = 1 Then