Shadyhosta

Default Formula to return tomorrow's date.

I have a report that must be turned in the night before for tomorrow's date.
Is ithere a date formula that will return tomorrow's date to a cell in Excel?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Formula to Return Tomorrow's Date in Excel

To return tomorrow's date in Excel, use the following formula:

Formula:
=TODAY()+
Here's how it works:
  1. The TODAY() function returns today's date.
  2. Adding 1 to today's date using the +1 operator gives us tomorrow's date.

To use this formula, simply select the cell where you want to display tomorrow's date and enter the formula "=TODAY()+1" (without the quotes). The cell will display tomorrow's date.

If you want to format the date in a specific way, you can do so by selecting the cell and using the formatting options in the Home tab of the Excel ribbon. For example, you could format the date as "mm/dd/yyyy" or "dd-mmm-yy" depending on your preference.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
JE McGimpsey

One way:

=TODAY() + 1

In article ,
"Shadyhosta" wrote:

I have a report that must be turned in the night before for tomorrow's date.
Is ithere a date formula that will return tomorrow's date to a cell in Excel?

Ragdyer

I assume that you want the date to remain static after entry.

Easiest way, use 2 cells.

Format the cell that's to display the date as you wish, then enter this
formula:

=A1+1
With A1 representing a cell where you can easily enter:
<Ctrl < ; , (that's a semicolon).

You could format that A1 cell to be "white on white", so it wouldn't be
visible.
--
HTH,

RD

"Shadyhosta" wrote in message
I have a report that must be turned in the night before for tomorrow's

date.
Is ithere a date formula that will return tomorrow's date to a cell in

Excel?

Don

If the report is turned in tomorrow, won't that give him the next days date
JE?

One way would be to use a macro, insert your formula, copy it, paste
special/value back in the same cell formatted as date. The date on the report
then would not change from day to day.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

=TODAY() + 1

In article ,
"Shadyhosta" wrote:

I have a report that must be turned in the night before for tomorrow's date.
Is ithere a date formula that will return tomorrow's date to a cell in Excel?

JE McGimpsey

Hmmm...The OP said the report has to be turned in the night before, not
tomorrow.

I took the OP's request literally: "is ithere (sic) a date formula that
will return tomorrow's date to a cell in Excel?"

=TODAY()+1

does just that. Any other solution I can think of requires a manual
entry or VBA. Likewise, it assumes the report will be printed or pdf,
not delivered as an XL file.

In article ,
Don wrote:

If the report is turned in tomorrow, won't that give him the next days date
JE?

One way would be to use a macro, insert your formula, copy it, paste
special/value back in the same cell formatted as date. The date on the report
then would not change from day to day.

Don

Don wrote:

If the report is turned in tomorrow, won't that give him the next days date
JE?

One way would be to use a macro, insert your formula, copy it, paste
special/value back in the same cell formatted as date. The date on the report
then would not change from day to day.

Absolutely correct........