bre

Default HOw do I change group of cells from absolute reference?

When I do a Paste SpecialPaste Link, the cell looks something like
='MAIN'!$A$3. This is great, its just what I want. Now I remove the $
beofre the 3 and drag the cells so my list is linked correctly, like:
='MAIN'!$A3, ='MAIN'!$A4, ='MAIN'!$A5, and so on. If I don't remove the
$, it just stays as $A$3 for every item.

Here's my question. Is there and easy way to convert the cells back to
being locked with the $ in place again like: ='MAIN'!$A$3,
='MAIN'!$A$4, ='MAIN'!$A$5, and so on? Sometimes the list is long and
its a pain putting those $ back again. I seem to remember some kind of
toggle that would turn absolute ref on and off.

I guess that my question. Is there some way usinf the keyboard to turn
a cell into absolute referencing and back again? Thanks.

--
bre
bre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20765

bre

THanks. Guess that's where I saw the toggle thing. Is there a way to do
a range of cells?

--
bre
bre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20765