YV

Default Vlookup Syntax Error

I have been using vlookup like crazy when I had Office XP but now since
upgrading to Office 2003 my vlookup syntax is missing the commas and gives me
an error message each time I try to use vlookup. Under help commas are
showing for the syntax but my commas seems to be missing. It's not
functioning in Office 2003. Does anyone know the solution to this problem?
Frank Kabel

Hi
post the formula you have used

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

YV wrote:
I have been using vlookup like crazy when I had Office XP but now
since upgrading to Office 2003 my vlookup syntax is missing the
commas and gives me an error message each time I try to use vlookup.
Under help commas are showing for the syntax but my commas seems to
be missing. It's not functioning in Office 2003. Does anyone know
the solution to this problem?

YV

Please find a solution for the Vlookup Error the Syntax for Vlookup is
VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,ran ge_lookup)

The Syntax is showing
The Syntax that is showing in Excel 2003 on my spreadsheets is:
VLOOKUP(lookup_value table_array col_index_num range_lookup)

It will not allow me to calculate a Vlookup formula. I just upgraded to
Office 2003. The Vlookup formula was working fine in Office XP. I repaired
and uninstalled and reinstalled and Microsoft Office 2003 but style having
the same problem

YV wrote:
I have been using vlookup like crazy when I had Office XP but now
since upgrading to Office 2003 my vlookup syntax is missing the
commas and gives me an error message each time I try to use vlookup.
Under help commas are showing for the syntax but my commas seems to
be missing. It's not functioning in Office 2003. Does anyone know
the solution to this problem?

Frank Kabel

Hi
have you checked your Windows regional settings for this PC?.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

YV wrote:
I have been using vlookup like crazy when I had Office XP but now
since upgrading to Office 2003 my vlookup syntax is missing the
commas and gives me an error message each time I try to use vlookup.
Under help commas are showing for the syntax but my commas seems to
be missing. It's not functioning in Office 2003. Does anyone know
the solution to this problem?

RWN

What exactly do you mean?
Is it a case of opening a prior version's workbook and having the comma's missing or are
you having them drop off after you've entered a vlookup statement?
As Frank has noted, I'd be looking first to the Regional Settings in Windows (just to be
sure).

--
Regards;
Rob

YV wrote:
I have been using vlookup like crazy when I had Office XP but now
since upgrading to Office 2003 my vlookup syntax is missing the
commas and gives me an error message each time I try to use vlookup.
Under help commas are showing for the syntax but my commas seems to
be missing. It's not functioning in Office 2003. Does anyone know
the solution to this problem?

Gord Dibben

YV

I can replicate this if my Windows Regional and Language settings are set for
"List Separator" = <space

StartSttingsControl PanelRegional and Language OptionsRegional Options
tabCustomizeNumbers tab. At "List separator" make sure you have a comma
entered.

If not there, perhaps you have a <space(you can't have nothing). Delete that
and enter a comma.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

YV wrote:
I have been using vlookup like crazy when I had Office XP but now
since upgrading to Office 2003 my vlookup syntax is missing the
commas and gives me an error message each time I try to use vlookup.
Under help commas are showing for the syntax but my commas seems to
be missing. It's not functioning in Office 2003. Does anyone know
the solution to this problem?

Gord Dibben

YV

Thanks for the feedback.