Alex Vinokur

Default Formula for computing work time in Excel

Hi,

For instance, A1 = 8:20, B1 = 16:30.
I need to compute in C1 the following: B1 - A1 - 0.5 hour.

What is the formula?

If I use formula B1 - A1 - 0:30 I get invalid value.

Thanks,

--
Alex Vinokur
http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn

Alex Vinokur

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message ...
=B1-A1-TIME(0,30,0)

Thanks, Bob!

It works fine.

[snip]

--
Alex Vinokur
http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn

Gary''s Student

That's because time is really just a floating point number.

1 is 1 day
and hour is 1/24
a half hour is 1/48

=B1 - A1 - 1/48